Oct 31, 2007 9:14am Nick Wood

To the YFFL

Wow, I’ll be honest and say that the thought never crossed my mind that today, a little over one year since I posted my letter outlining the value I would add to this league, that I would be standing here, discussing my future with a YFFL franchise. But here I am, taking over a franchise that has more talent than Taylor Hicks from American Idol. The question is can I turn this talent into a titles like Hicks did becoming the Idol?

It is going to be hard for us to hoist up the trophy this season, but I can be sure about one thing, this team is not going to lay down like Lindsay Lohan after a few cocktails. We’re going to compete, win some games, and most importantly, create some momentum going into the future.

This transition of control should be relatively smooth because of the fact that I have the utmost respect for the owner, Mike “taking her to pound-town” Kinsman. Mike has made me well aware that everyday control of the franchise is now in my hands, but he will retain ownership of the franchise as a whole. I know he has a desire to keep this franchise pointed in the right direction, but I also believe that he’s looking out for the best interest of the league as well. He knows that a spark of a new GM added to the league may help bring some new life and possibly new rivalries to a league with a history of success.

I’ll warn the league; this organization is here to win and stir up the pot a little.

Oct 31, 2007 8:20pmMike Kinsman

That's why I hired this guy!