Dec 17, 2014 12:40pm Steve Dugas

Winter Meetings

I'd like to add a topic to the agenda for the offseason meeting.

In an effort to keep more teams and more owners involved and enjoying fantasy football deeper into the season, I propose that we have a playoff format for the #1 pick just like we do with the championship.

6 worst teams make the losers brackett, with the 2 worst teams getting a first round bye. None of the teams would be able to move down in draft position by more than one spot. So if you were the worst team, the worst you would still be picking would be #2, just like now.

Another example would be if the #4 seed won the #1 pick then the 5th and 6th seeds would keep the same picks they started with while 1-3 would become 2-4.

A couple other things, I ran the stats with passing TDs being worth 4 points and the results weren't pretty. We'd have a top ten full of kickers and the same old stud QBs. A better option might be to introduce negative points for interceptions (not sure where I would stand on that). And as always I'm all for adding a roster and keeper spot or two to combat the rise in injuries in the NFL (or the fact they diagnose head injuries these days) and to allow more time for guys to develop.

Dec 18, 2014 12:34pmNick Wood
Dec 18, 2014 8:24pmAnthony Aceto

I'm not sure which way I would vote at this point - but the issue isn't where the qb's would rank...it would just be to slightly lessen the impact versus rbs, wrs, te's. kicker scoring will always obviously be high, but my guess is it's generally more random from week to week/ year to year.

Nick, in a couple years you may be happy about this change.

Dec 18, 2014 8:26pmAnthony Aceto