Dec 02, 2014 1:12pm Steve Dugas

Post Season Awards

MVP: It will probably be Luck or Rodgers b/c it always goes to a QB, but I think Antonio Brown deserves serious consideration for carrying the Eaters to the playoffs. The guy hasn't put up a zero in over 2 yrs.

RoY: Lots of good candidates but I think Mike Evans has been the most impressive. He didn't even start getting playing time on the Mallards due to QB play and a groin injury till week 8 and still put up 54 pts.

Cody Parkey should probably also get some consideration, nearly set a new kicking record and snapped Gostowski's string of 3 straight pro-bowls.

Macor: Going to be hard pick a winner on this one as a bunch of guys came out of the blue this year to have great years. Forsett, Sanders, LaFell, Gates, Donnell, Parkey

Dec 02, 2014 3:05pmNick Wood

Not many close calls with any of these awards this year:

MVP - Luck - Not even close

ROY - "Cash Money" Kelvin Benjamin - 68 points with a terrible team.

OOY - Jon. Two strong teams in the playoffs and nearly had both byes in hand had it not been for Aceto's contractual agreement.

MM - Only tight race:
Brandon LaFell - 60 points (Previous 4 year total points is 56)
Justin Forsett - 68 points (Previous 6 year total points is 40)

Dec 02, 2014 3:08pmNick Wood

Steve - Your Mallards do have a good corps of WRs complete with veteran and young talent. Good work. Trouble is, you got nothing at the QB or RB positions, how'd that strategy work out for you this season?!?

On the bright side, with the high draft pick from the Huskers, the Merry men might be able to finally acquire that franchise QB they've been missing.

Dec 02, 2014 3:11pmRyan Gibbons

LaFell and Forsett are both sort of known quantities, and a lot of the other guys are rookies. You can make a case for Donnell as a 2nd year guy, but this is Asiata's 3rd year and he had 2 22 point games. That's basically the definition of "out of nowhere"

Dec 02, 2014 8:55pmAnthony Aceto

ROY: Benjamin...lone bright spot in Refugee receiver corps with Golden Tate unable to find the end zone.

Coach: Jon...easy pick. Though both teams have strong QBs, great depth on both teams.

MVP: Luck...my preseason pick. Not just for points...for being the biggest difference maker on a turnaround team. For a non-qb, I would have to give Gronk his due - he and Benjamin were the only reasons this team isn't in the Stupor Bowl and lived up to the 7-6 billing.

Macor Misa: I like Asiata given he surfaced for a 3td game and was then cut. He came out of nowhere twice in the same season.

Dec 02, 2014 8:59pmAnthony Aceto

Gibby, I really would have to disagree that Lafell was a known quantity. He was basically getting run out of town 2 games into the year after having a few subpar seasons in Carolina. I only held onto him because I have a bias towards Pats players (and Jets too Bob). No I don't actually have a Jets bias. They suck.

Dec 02, 2014 9:06pmAnthony Aceto

Macor Misa

The player that came "out of nowhere" to have an impact on the regular season. This award is named in honor of the mysterious player who appeared on the Apple Eaters roster one season.

The reason I paste this is to remind Dugas that it is supposed to be an obscure player. Like Donald Igwebuike. NOT ANTONIO GATES, A POTENTIAL HALL OF FAMER AND #4 TE SCORER OF ALL TIME. By the way, did anyone realize this guy was a herion smuggler?

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/11/10/sports/viking-place-kicker-is-indicted-on-heroin-smuggling-charges.html

Dec 02, 2014 9:48pmRyan Gibbons

Excellent point, I missed him sneaking in Gates among his 200 candidates. And that kicker is my Macor Escobar nominee. Inaugural winner was obviously Jamal Lewis.

Dec 03, 2014 8:39amSteve Dugas

I only included Gates because he was on fumes last couple years and Green was supposed to relegate him to the bench this year. If any of you saw this coming from him this year than you should go by some lottery tickets as well.

Dec 03, 2014 11:52amNick Wood

GATES!?!?! Really? I missed Steve mentioning his name as well, very disappointed in you, Steven.

Sure, no one thought Gates would bounce back and have the type of year he did, but it did not 'surprise' us from left field by any means.

Dec 03, 2014 12:56pmRyan Gibbons

Plus he started to bounce back last year. Boo this man, this "Steven." What's next, Luck for ROY?

Dec 03, 2014 1:26pmSteve Dugas

comeback player of the year??

Dec 03, 2014 2:27pmNick Wood

Steve, are you feeling ok? This is very unlike you to be making these outlandish calls. Gates is the no.2 all time scoring TE in the YFFL, so please enlighten me as to how he could come out of nowhere.

Granted, you did make the call of loading up on WRs thinking that was going to lead your Mallards to the promise land for the first time. Not to mention, you discount the importance of having a top tier QB on your roster. Perhaps you abstain from voting this year all together.

Also, I don't believe there is a comeback/bounce back player of the year award given in this league. Maybe at your house you have these additional awards you present your players to make yourself feel better about losing, but not here in THE Yarmouth Fantasy Football League.

Dec 05, 2014 10:42amKurt Willette

MVP - Luck

ROY - Cody Parky, lead non-QBs in scoring, huge factor in Eater's success

OOY - Jon with honorable mention to Chris D

MM - Justin Forsett
Brandon LaFell - 60 points (Previous 4 year total points is 56)
Justin Forsett - 68 points (Previous 6 year total points is 40)