Sep 30, 2013 10:27am Anthony Aceto

Garbage Time?

I'm going to pre-empt the critics and argue that Gonzalez' hero performance does not count as garbage time given ATL had a chance to tie/win the game.

Oct 01, 2013 12:48pmBobby Sansone

Gonzalez's longevity has been incredible. He looks so slow out there too so I'm always amazed that teams can't figure out how to cover him. I thought he was done in 2010 when I traded him...

Oct 02, 2013 12:20amMike Kinsman

Bobby - You also traded Lesean McCoy

Oct 02, 2013 2:17pmNick Wood

Well, I guess he's trying to learn his lesson considering he and others are afraid of trading with the Chickens now. Way to play the game, hiding from the true competition.

Oct 02, 2013 2:54pmRyan Gibbons

The reason I traded you all of my good players last year is so you would stop emailing me 35 times a day. I stand by my decision.

Oct 02, 2013 7:27pmNick Wood

Ha. Whatever you have to say to yourself to sleep at night and keep Kev from tears.

You all forget, we've all been on the wrong side of a trade before, that's the gamble in it all. I wish this league would be more active in the trading department, but I realize the attachment people have to some of their players. I'm not afraid of making a deal and bad trades happen.

Two backfire trades:

2008 - Had I not desperately reached out for a WR, Jamaal Charles would still be on the Chickens. Bri had his way with me in this deal for of all players, Kevin Curtis. Silly white WRs.

2009 - Traded Donovan McNabb to the Refugees for Steve Slaton. All time backfires as Slaton never started again and McNabb guided the Refs to the title.

2010 - Traded Felix Jones to the Beans for LeSean McCoy. We all know how that has worked out so far.

2011 - Traded Mario Manningham to the Bear for DeMarco Murray.

2012 - THE Trade. Jimmy Graham and Brees have helped out.

2012 - Traded Philip Rivers to the Eaters for Percy Harvin. So far, the Eaters have looked great in this deal. Kurt's not afraid to stand by his decision. So far. Scored all of 8 points for the Chickens I believe. Harvin's scored all of 14 points since the trade.

Oct 03, 2013 11:57amRyan Gibbons

What started this persecution complex? A league-wide embargo of the chickens hasn't come up in the Everyone but Nick weekly meetings.

Oct 04, 2013 7:15amAnthony Aceto

...and McNabb was Super Bowl MVP