Oct 04, 2012 9:14am Brian Davidson

Waivers

The waiver wire in this league is awful. I don't support it and can't believe it was voted in.

Oct 04, 2012 1:44pmJon Kinsman

Your thoughts are noted and we will revisit the waivers system during the off-season. I don't particularly care for it either.

However, this is the system that was agreed upon and it will be used through the end of the season.

Oct 04, 2012 3:08pmBrian Davidson

Waited a whole year for bobby v to get fired, I guess this is just another one of those things! Its not the end of the world, it's just extremely hard to gauge injuries for Sunday games by Wednesday at noon. Wish I could just turn injuries off like in tecmo!

Oct 04, 2012 7:06pmAnthony Aceto

The real issue/joke in my opinion is Thursday night NFL games...dilutes the sacredness of Sundays and complicates schedules.

Oct 05, 2012 10:53amNick Wood

Aceto, agreed. I think we get the YFFL Commissioner to speak with the NFL commissioner to see what can be done. Jon, make waves!

Oct 18, 2012 10:38amNick Wood

These Thursday games are not going anywhere as they're making far too much money for the league. With that in mind, I have a suggestion for the 2013 season waivers that I don't think it will be a huge burden for Jon and was probably brought up by someone in the past:

ONLY Players who are involved in the Thursday games can be claimed on Wednesday of that particular week. Players of all other games and those one byes can be claimed on Friday as we used to do it.

My guess is that only a handful of transactions will actually take place before the Thursday games in an entire season anyhow.

Players who play in the Thursday night game should not be allowed to be claimed on the Friday following their game.

Jon, speak up if you think that would be too confusing for you and Steve (as I believe he sometimes processes the waivers for you in the event of a Hurricane/Snowstorm/Earthquake)

In the end, I agree with Bri that it is tough to know injury status and other issues of players by Wednesday.

Oct 18, 2012 12:11pmSteve Dugas

This will definitely be brought up this year when we have some winter meetings. I think the best solution would be this; Waivers till Wednesday at noon, followed by Free Agency until sometime Friday, a first come first served basis on transactions.

I think having two days of waivers could cause some issues and make it confusing to keep track of where teams get moved to if they make a move on Wednesday and want to make another one on Friday.

The Free Agency period would still count the same towards the number of transactions that we are allowed or a new number we might agree to.