Sep 14, 2012 11:18am Steve Dugas

Big Trade

Nice work everyone on the big trade. Peoples phones were going off with text messages like we were Adam Schefter or Jay Glazer. I'm also pretty sure #yffl was trending on Twitter from 9-10pm.

Sep 14, 2012 10:06pmRyan Gibbons

Most important, this trade paved the way to Kenny Britt's captainship. Management expects this new leadership role will help Britt's maturation and allow him to maximize his natural talent. In related news, Scott Bennett's experimental role as Britt's mentor has been terminated. Reached for comment in Myrtle Beach, Llamas owner Kevin Sansone responded, "Don't tell Annie I'm doing football stuff on my family vacation."

Sep 17, 2012 4:45pmNick Wood

Solid effort by both organizations to get this deal completed. Changed the landscape of the league for at least a week.

As for the Chickens' captain spot, not gonna lie, the locker room was a little tense this week as Drew Brees took his captain spot back from Philip Rivers and then proceeded to hand the ball off to one of the players he was initially traded away for years ago in Marshawn Lynch. Lynch and Brees were able to clear the air, the same could not be said for Brees and Rivers. This will be an interesting dynamic to watch for the rest of the season, or perhaps until Rivers requests a trade.