Dec 17, 2009 11:11am Nick Wood

RIP - Chris Henry

NFL star Chris Henry has died as a result of the injuries he sustained after falling out of the back of a moving pick-up truck yesterday.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police tell TMZ Henry died at 6:36 AM EST this morning.

He was 26.

As we previously reported, cops believe Henry -- a wide receiver on the Cincinnati Bengals -- jumped into the back of the truck, in an attempt to stop his fiancee from leaving a "domestic situation" at her parents' home in North Carolina.

Henry was rushed to a local hospital -- where he passed away this morning.

Authorities tell us they're still investigating the situation.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/17/nfl-star-chris-henry-dies/#ixzz0ZxWrsLPF

Dec 17, 2009 11:46amJon Kinsman

TMZ - the most trusted voice in journalism today.

It also goes to show how dangerous those high school bottle drives were.

Dec 17, 2009 11:48amKevin Sansone

it's weird to see nick citing something besides rotoworld.com

Dec 17, 2009 11:51amJon Kinsman

I wish instead of "Charlotte-Mecklenburg police", the news came from "Karl Mecklenburg".

Dec 17, 2009 3:36pmNick Wood

I had never checked the TMZ site until this whole Tiger Woods fiasco started a few weeks back. But, I thought it was better to site that 'credible' source instead of ESPN or something for this story, as sad as it really is.

Bottle drives, seriously, how were we ever allowed to all ride in the back of pickup trucks while other high school kids were driving said trucks? Shawn Parks should have been a good warning for Chris Henry...

Dec 17, 2009 3:57pmSteve Dugas

I'm pretty sure they changed the rule after i got in that accident freshman year that ended with Kittredge and Stewart ejected from the bed of the truck, but maybe not because i recall driving the next 3 yrs and not having a parent present.

Dec 17, 2009 4:08pmAnthony Aceto

I do remember a certain instance where there was an ejection/dragging from dugas' john deere

Dec 17, 2009 5:06pmRyan Gibbons

I was the ejectee in that one- I think Dugas just shouldn't be able to drive anything with a bed.

Dec 17, 2009 5:29pmKevin Sansone

I know there is a joke in there somewhere...

Dec 17, 2009 5:35pmBobby Sansone

The Beans will dedicate their 2010 to the late Chris Henry by keeping him on the roster all next season.

My tentative cuts will be Folk, Boller, Hillis, Green-Ellis and Stroughter.

Dec 17, 2009 9:04pmKevin Sansone

Stroughter?

Dec 18, 2009 8:50amNick Wood

Aceto forgot to update his lineup for the semis? Does he lose the 16 points he would have gotten out of MJD last night? How does this work?

Dec 18, 2009 9:27amJon Kinsman

Unfortunately, he loses out on those points. On the bright side, it opens up a lineup spot for Deon Butler.