In the aftermath of one of the greatest upsets in YFFL history, there is so much to sort out...
First with the Beans:
1. After a 1-4 start the Beans were talked out of throwing in the towel for the season by none other than Steve Dugas. The Beans would go onto to win 7 of their final 8 and make the playoffs for the 3rd consecutive season.
2. The Beans are so banged up and worn out that they were forced to start Devery Henderson at WR in place of the troubled Plaxico Burress. Burress may have played his final game with the Beans.
3. The match-ups were incredibly in favor of the Chickens. The Beans exploited their two favorable match-ups of Fargas home against KC and Cutler facing a weak Jets passing Defense.
Second, the Chickens:
1. The demise of the Chickens can certainly be looked at in two ways. One being simply too much reliance on the Cowboys and Chargers. That left the door open for the Beans. If both the Charges and Cowboys had bad fantasy games, I knew I would have a chance. The second would be Nick and Mike's inability to choose the right QB to start. The numbers are staggering. In weeks Rivers was benched he scored: 18, 24, 18, 22 and 22! McNabb's bench totals: 6, 0, 18, 10, 0 and 24!
2. It should be interesting where Mike goes from here. Does he fire Nick from his GM duties even though Nick is so passionate about the league? Does he put him in charge of re-building the Buddies? I am looking forward to that press conference.
3. The Chickens future still looks bright despite an aging roster. They'll have the #10 pick next year and likely a completely new look. I think Big Ben ends up on the Chickens roster. The '09 Chickens could look like this: Big Ben, Lynch, F. Jones, Boldin, Owens, Gates, Carpenter, R. Wayne
My head is still spinning from this game. I can't believe the Beans pulled it out and are in the playoffs after a 1-4 start!
Anything is possible indeed. congrats to the Beans. i didn't think you had it in you.
is it possible for slaton, mjd, and matt jones to throw 80+ points up on the board tonight?