Dec 20, 2007 10:21am Anthony Aceto

Mike, be nice to Steve

From this week's Sports Guy:

Q: How many people can say they've been given a phone number and challenged to a real fight on their Fantasy Football League message board? Me, that's who.
-- Matt B., Memphis

SG: We're coming closer and closer to the first fantasy football-related murder. Its going to happen this decade, and it's definitely going to be made into a bad Lifetime movie starring Benjamin McKenzie.

Dec 20, 2007 3:41pmNick Wood

Can you explain something to me Aceto? I'm still new to this league. So, is Steve considered the Tom Jalbert of the YFFL? You can only make fun of him so much and you should not go any further for fear that he'll put you on his "list"? I have noticed that he is kind of quiet in the forum, I just thought he was shy. Is that because he's stirring with fantasy frustration for his team's performance on the field and anger for being called out in the forum?

If that is the truth, thanks for the heads up advice as I don't want him showing up at my door with women's makeup on pointing a loaded shotgun at me for putting the beat down on him in Fantasy Football.

Good luck next year Steve!

Dec 20, 2007 5:26pmSteve Dugas

Great post Aceto, one of the best of the year. Well Nick, I simply decided to take a year off from the YFFL Forum, I'm just not able to compete with Mike when it comes to trash talk and doing something as simple as putting a player on the block would generate a great volume of negative comments that were ultimately lowering my players self esteem. The rant by the Eaters owner about tie-breakers nearly ended my silence but I was able to abide my self imposed exile. Good Luck this weekend Kev and Tony, may the best white guy win and Merry Christmas everyone.

Dec 21, 2007 11:55amAnthony Aceto

I disagreed with the timing of C. Davidson's post as well (I think that is what you were saying). When we vote on rules ahead of time and agree to them, it makes no sense to me to complain about them when convenient. I completely agree that it would suck to lose to a tiebreaker, but I don't think we would have seen that if he was shaping up to lose the tiebreaker. I don't mean for this to be a personal attack on Chris as I respect him very much as an owner - - I was just disappointed in the way that he shaped his post.

Dec 21, 2007 11:55amAnthony Aceto

and when I said "lose the tiebreaker" I meant "win the tiebreaker"

Dec 21, 2007 12:00pmAnthony Aceto

Nick, I hope that TJ doesn't have a list because I spent years with Cory Morton tormenting he and Peach on Mr. Dunham's Bus #8. I would definitely put myself in his top 5. Jon Aceto even joined in with an occassional white washing at the bus stop from time to time, which would probably land 2 Acetos in his top 30.

Dec 21, 2007 2:43pmNick Wood

Aceto, I think you should be all set living in the city, that is far enough from the greater Portland area. Not sure where your little bro is, but if he still lives in the Y-town area, as soon as you hear about Cory Morton "going on a long vacation" then you should tell your brother to not go through TJ's sidekick Andy Finch's check out isle at Shop N' Save...