Dec 18, 2007 11:24pm Brian Davidson

Lost Season

To be honest, and not trying to go steve dugas on you, I was very stressed out about the Brothers season this year. I think what Mike did for Nick is unbelievable, thats an act of kindness I don't know if I'll ever be able to match. If I didn't have Poop to turn to, I don't know what I would have done. Going into the season I had high hopes of a Super Bowl win for the Brothers, this is a team who scored 93 points in week two, the third most ever in YFFL history. Injuries killed their season and the severity of some of the injuries is putting next year in doubt too. The Stupor Bowl was a sense of victory in a losing season. The Brothers feel if they can get one of their stud running backs healthy they can compete next year. JaMarcus Russell is a name that will star next season in the NFL and he may need to find a new YFFL home. Depending on the play of Palmer and Smith the Brothers could be right back in the thick of it next season, having the number one pick in my pocket is something I am very excited about, good luck to both the Llamas and the White Guys this weekend!

Dec 19, 2007 11:31amBobby Sansone

Recent History has been kind to Stupor Bowl teams. Since 2004, of the 6 Stupor Bowl teams, 5 have gone on to make the playoffs the following year including the Refugees winning the Super Bowl last season. Only the 2007 Orangutangs did not make the playoffs following their 2006 Stupor Bowl appearance last season.

Other Stupor Bowl Facts:

-Mike has gone the longest without a team playing in the Stupor Bowl (1999 - Buddies vs. Chickens)

-The Beans and Brothers played in the Stupor Bowl in both 2001 and 2002. They met in the NFC Conference Championship in 2003.

-The Brothers have played in the Stupor Bowl 4 times in the last 7 years