Nov 14, 2007 4:23pm Nick Wood

Beans vs. Chickens

Bobs, should I just try and tank this game for you so that you don't have to continue your embarassing collapse? You're starting to look like your favorite National League Baseball team from this season.

Nov 15, 2007 1:37amBrian Davidson

Someone tell Nick Wood that owners in the YFFL don't tank games. I suppose GM's might though.

Nov 15, 2007 8:09amNick Wood

I guess being out in Chicago, you've lost your sense of sarcasm. Plus, Bri do you think I'd ever just tank a game and give a win to Bobby? The kid who would steal the tips we were going to give a waittress at a restaurant? I don't think so.

Nov 15, 2007 9:38amBobby Sansone

The Beans strategy now is to get to 7-6 and outscore the Mallards and Dragons and therefore win the NFC Wild Card tie-breaker.

After that we plan on beating the Huskers in the first round of the playoffs and then go on to beat the an Adrian Peterson-less White Guys when Braylon Edwards will cancel out Derek Anderson.

“I am raising the stakes right now, ... If this is a poker game, I am shoving my chips right in the middle of the table. I am raising the ante. Anybody who wants out, can get out. This team is going to the playoffs. OK? This team is going to the playoffs.”

Nov 15, 2007 9:52amAnthony Aceto

"Playoffs!?!?!"
-Jim Mora Sr

Nov 15, 2007 12:49pmBrian Davidson

I get it Nick, I had to welcome you to the league somehow, the sarcasm is welcomed.

Nov 16, 2007 11:54amNick Wood

Wait, how come no one has chimed in to rip Bobs for saying he's only winning 1 of his next 3 games?!?! It is probably realistic or even a stretch to think he's going to win one, but what kind of leader comes out and says that in public? The only one I can think would be Dugas when he was coaching the Clipper Baseball Squad back in 2004.

Nov 18, 2007 7:56pmNick Wood

Wow, the Beans have a chance to go to the playoffs? Bobs, put the clipboard down and call it a season like you're Mets.

Guess the Chickens can put up the numbers without a go-to QB. Rumblings in the Chunky locker room about V. Young getting the nod next week.

Nov 19, 2007 2:02pmNick Wood

"The Beans will win 3 of their final 4 games including this weekend against the Llamas. There is no way I'm blowing a 6-1 start to this season"