Jan 04, 2006 11:57am Kevin Sansone

Alexander/Winter Meetings

While I think we should consider making award voting results public, I don't think the Alexander issue is as big of a travesty as it's being made out to be. If you look at the award results from last year, only 7 out of the 8 owners voted for Peyton Manning as MVP, and he had the single greatest season in YFFL history! No one even mentioned that one missing vote last winter. Alexander broke 0 scoring records this season. Zero. So before we make this the "Alexander Clause" lets not forget that this is nothing new and happens every year.

Jan 04, 2006 12:57pmSteve Dugas

Kev- Lets remember Manning didnt play for a playoff team. But to better give you an idea of why it was such a shame that Alexander didnt make all the ballots heres a look and win totals for some players voted for and how they would have fared with out their stars

Merry Men: 10-3
w/o Alexander: 5-8

Brothers: 10-3
w/o Palmer: 9-4
w/o Smith: 10-3

now how valuable do you think Alexander was?

Jan 04, 2006 1:39pmKevin Sansone

Steve, I'm not saying Alexander isn't the most valuable player. He was #1 on my list and Palmer was second. I'm saying that this whole situation isn't new. I thought I made that clear in my original post.

Jan 04, 2006 2:05pmSteve Dugas

you did make it clear, im just showing why we need to change the current system.