Dec 31, 2005 5:38pm Anthony Aceto

Next orders of business...

Jon,

Would it be possible to get next year's draft order up on the site when convenient for you. The megalosers like myself need something to start looking forward to.

Also, is there some kind of posting that we can have on the website that lists the topics (at least roughly) that will be brought to the table at the winter meeting so that we can begin thinking about the issues as well as be reminded of others that may need to be added to the list.
Thanks - Happy new year everyone.

Jan 03, 2006 12:52pmJon Kinsman

I need to sit down and put together a list of topics, but if anyone has any suggestions, you can use this thread to post the issues you'd like to discuss at the Winter Meeting.

I'll also be posting the draft order and a few other articles and news tidbits later this week, so look for that.

Jan 03, 2006 2:10pmSteve Dugas

I would like to add for topics the possibility of having the awards balloting results open to the public (you would see how each person voted), the voters need to be held responsible for their votes that way we wouldnt have another scenario like Alexander being left off two ballots which was absolutely ridiculous.

I would also like to see some outside influence on the awards balloting, Nick Wood and Robert Sansone Sr. follow the league well enough that i would have no problem giving them the ability to vote.

Jan 04, 2006 12:27pmChris Davidson

This may seem like an insignificant topic for the winter meetings but if you are in the Stupor bowl and playing for the number 1 pick, it could become important. Knowing from experience this year, I feel that the Stupor bowl should be moved up a week or two so that less players will likely sit out. Sometimes, issues like this can't be avoided, ie. the Super bowl, but there is no reason why this game can't be moved up.

Jan 05, 2006 2:48pmJon Kinsman

The draft order for 2006 has been posted under the Draft section to the left. Let me know if there are any errors in it - there were a bunch of trades involving draft picks, so I hope I got everything right.

I'd like to encourage people to continue to post Winter Meeting topics in this thread as well. Megan and I are going to Disney World for the week on January 15th, so I'm going to leave it until after that to figure out a time to meet. I'm thinking sometime in early February though...