Oct 14, 2005 3:32pm Anthony Aceto

Jon & Bobby

Thanks to Jon and Bobby for a great interview & writeup. Looking forward to the future discussions on topics brought to the surface by this conversation.

Oct 17, 2005 1:56pmChris Davidson

Great interview fellas, some very interesting dialogue about a league that we all feel very strongly about. I don't know exactly where I stand on the issue but I will say this, to me fantasy leagues are an extension or outlet for guys like us to remain competitive. In a lot of ways they should mirror or do mirror the real professional leagues they represent. The true essense of sports is overcoming against tough odds, to me that is the true essence of life. You don't appreciate something that you don't have to work for, that is why I love this league. I think it is a difficult challenge turning a team into a champion, but one that we should all imbrace. Otherwise what is really the point, sure there are some underlying issues here, but to revamp the whole dynamic of the league may not be the answer. I love the controversy here because controversy stems from that desire to win, that competitive spirit. Controversy is embedded in so many great sports moments, it reflects that ideal that fantasy sports can represent the real sport. I personally would have a hard time committing to a 12 team, 12 different owners league. That is what Yahoo is for. The real appeal of this league is that fact that is very different from everything else. People ask me about it all the time, and I am proud to be a part of something that is different and challenging. Any league that has stayed in existence for 12 years is doing something right. I am excited to hear what people think about this new proposal, because inevitably that will cause change, but let's just keep in mind the real meaning behind this league and the true essence of sport; Competition!